HEADS OF DEPARTMENT
Mr. Alfred Indeche
Mr. Livingstone Imbayi
Finance and Economic Planning is strategic and central to the County’s economic management to ensure proper budgetary and expenditure management of Resources. It is responsible for, but not limited to formulating financial and economic policies and procedures; management of revenues, expenditures and borrowing by the county to ensure expenditure is within revenue collected to reduce borrowing and budget deficit; coordination of departments in preparation of county budgets; accounting, auditing, and procurement including receipting and accounting for county revenue, disbursement of funds, collection of taxes, cash and debt management.
Corruption denies development valuable funds and WILL NOT be tolerated within the Vihiga County Government operations. One of the department’s priorities has been to work closely with the county executive in aligning the development plans and programs to ensure relevant uptake capacity of devolved funds. Adequate measures are being put in place to improve on revenue collection to ensure that the county raises adequate funds to finance development activities.
Sub-departments and their Mandate
- Mobilization of public resources.
- Management of County public procurement & disposal.
- Public investments management policy.
- Public investment oversight.
- Preparation of budget & management of the County Government Resources.
- Economic policy analysis & management.
- Promotion of Economic & Financial Governance.
- Management of Public department.
- Design & presentation of County Government financial management systems and standards.
- Custodian of County Government Assets and property.
- Custodian of official statistics in the County.
- Maintenance of a comprehensive and reliable County socio-economic database.
- Quality assurance of statistical information.
- Collection and compilation of statistical information.
- Analysis of statistical information.
- Publication and dissemination of statistical information for public use.
- Coordination, monitoring and supervision of the county statistical system.
- County development planning.
- Perform any other functions assigned by the Governor.